Wednesday 21 September 2011

Today is such a better day, thank God! Only a few tears here and there, but mostly sunny and confident.
Thinking about things that concern only you is a great way of getting over a heartache. Shifting your focus from him to yourself.
Today I  thought about how to put my life back in order. I thought about how to sort out my house situation (I'm moving to another country), how to find a new job there, how to make new friends, and how to get back up on my feet. I came up with a few possible solutions about most of these subjects,  and it made me feel happy. It made me feel that I am re-gaining the control of my life.
I'm reading a book on becoming your own life coach. In each section, there are some questions that you need to answer. This section's questions were things that are guaranteed to make you happy. You are simply asked to find out what it is that makes you happy, and do those things more often. Simple, isn't it? But makes sense.
There is something about thinking about what makes you happy, that immediately empowers you. You feel that you are taking control of your own happiness. And it feels so good.
One of the things that make me happy is my job. Isn't that wonderful? How many people can say that they are doing the job that makes them truly happy? I think this is a great achievement by itself. Just realising that made me feel proud of myself and gave me an instant confidence and positivity.
Also, another thing that makes you feel better and gives you a more positive outlook is gratitude. Focusing on the things you have, rather than the things that you don't have, and being thankful for them makes your worries seem smaller and more bearable.
It's still difficult. But I feel a little stronger.
So I guess this is how life starts to go on.
Moving on. With baby steps and in circular movements. But nevertheless, moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment